- October 14, 2017
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: Blogs
Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India Limited (MSEI) is recognized by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) under Section 4 of Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956. The Exchange was notified a “recognized stock exchange” under Section 2(39) of the Companies Act, 1956 by Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India, on December 21, 2012. Shareholders of the Exchange include India’s top public sector banks, private sector banks, and domestic financial institutions who, together hold over 88% stake in the Exchange. MSEI is subjected to CAG Audit and has an independent professional management.
MSEI offers an electronic, transparent and hi-tech platform for trading in Capital Market, Futures & Options, Currency Derivatives and Debt Market segments. The Exchange has also received in-principle approval from SEBI for operationalizing SME trading platform.
SOME BULLET POINTS ABOUT MSE, LET’s HAVE A LOOK:
- Net Worth of MSE and it’s subsidiary MCCIL consistently above regulatory requirement.
- Adequately funded for business needs.
- Exchange technology and risk management controls at par with industry.
- The new business plan is backed by the board and key shareholders.
- The new and experienced management team in place.
- Investments underway for process revamp, product enhancement, branding and market expansion
- Building an exchange which is responsive to member’s needs, built the market ecosystem and introduce product innovation.